Friday, March 10, 2006
Clergy
Today, I'll be writing about the clergy. However, before you settle down for a gentle meander through the CofE, this is going to be a little different. This is going to be about....
HERESY!
I've been having a bit of a conversation in the comments section of this post which started off talkign about the church in the 'global south', and whether gay people should be allowed to be ordained. Regardless of that issue, the two major 'hooks' of the arguement seem to be:
1. Whether the Bible should be used as the only source of guidence. 'Chike' believes that it is, whereas I feel that there are other sources of authoritive guidence in the form of Reason and Tradition, with the experiance of life also being important.
2. Whether a Priests' moral status has an effect on how they perform their practical and spiritual duties in regards to Sacrements such as the celebration of the Eucharist. I feel that 'special quality' that allows the priest to minister the sacrements is indepentant of their 'level of sin'. As any person can see, this is linked to the Donatist heresy.
So, discuss my friends.
Technorati Tag: Anglican